Monday, September 12, 2011

Athlete of the Week: Margo Richardson

Athlete of the Week: Margo Richardson

Nickname(s): MarGOT
Height: 5’6”
Weight: 130
Sport/Position: Field Hockey/ Midfield
Class: 2012

Do you have any pre-game rituals or superstitions?
I give the team our crossing the line speech every game before warmup. I always wear my lucky socks and wear my #10 blue mouthguard, call me superstitious!

Who is your favorite athlete?
I would have to say Mia Hamm. I love watching soccer because the game and the passing is a lot like field hockey. I got to meet her once when I was younger and that was really cool.

What are your expectations for this season?
This season we have a lot of new talent which I am very excited for. I expect for us to be able to continue to play East Hockey and work hard even with this target on our backs. My personal goal is to win my 4th State Championship.

What classes are you taking as a senior?
AP Psychology, Civil War, APES, AP Lit, Academic Internship

What do you want to do after high school?
I am going to play field hockey in college and hopefully study genetics or biology and after college I want to travel.

If you could travel one place, where would you go?
I’d go to Alaska and see the northern lights.

What is one thing you can't live without?
Strawberry Milkshakes!

What is something not many people know about you?
I am a Biology Nerd

No comments:

Post a Comment